In a world that’s set up to constantly grab and hold our attention, it’s hard to take time for ourselves and our families sometimes. Our phone keeps bleeping and Social Media apps do everything they can to keep us on the app as long as possible. If you’ve ever asked yourself: ‘Is this the person we want to be?’, today’s podcast episode is for you.
Gaining clarity on who we want to be as a person and as a parent feels hard in the confusing world we live in. Do we want to be the parent who’s on their phone all the time or the parent who takes time for connection and does things that make us feel good? The answer is probably a no-brainer but how do we actually live up to this?
Today’s guest on the podcast is Damon Eddy, a transformation coach specializing in helping people move from confusion to clarity and he’s here to share his insights with us! Get ready to start gaining clarity in who you want to be!
“The small little choices that we can make over time,
can give us the results that we want.”
– Damon Eddy
In this episode on gaining clarity in a confusing world, we cover:
- How our current world is set up to constantly grab our attention;
- The effect Social Media has on our well-being;
- How to start looking for clarity in our busy lives;
- Becoming aware of the person you want to be;
- In order to grow you have to learn;
- The difference between growing and being productive;
- Communicating our needs with our spouse;
- And much more!
If you’ve ever asked yourself: ‘Is this the person we want to be?’, today’s podcast episode is for you. You can find our podcast Active and Connected Families wherever you listen to your podcasts, or simply click here!
More about Active & Connected Family Therapy
Active & Connected Family Therapy is a mental health practice serving individuals, families, and our community. Our practice is designed to help people at all stages and from all walks of life by offering therapists and physicians with diverse backgrounds and specialties via face-to-face, walk-and-talk, and telemedicine appointments. Throughout, we are committed to developing strengths-based, authentic, and long-lasting relationships with you and your children. We hope to provide you with the support and insight you need to help your family navigate life’s hard times and joys.
Are you or your child struggling with mental health? We have a team of psychologists and psychiatrists who can help you out. You can learn more about our practice or contact us here.
More about Damon Eddy
Damon Eddy has a passion for helping individuals find success in the most important areas of their life through a transformational coaching program/workshop called The Two Hour Turn Around. This unique program immediately moves individuals from Confusion to Clarity beginning to live their lives with Purpose and Passion. Damon Eddy is also a published author.
His book, Walks with Mr. Smith, is an impactful parable consisting of Eight Life Lessons that if applied can be life-changing and is available on Amazon and other major sites. Damon has also been an award winning Realtor in Colorado for over 16 years and continues to help individuals buy, sell, and invest in real estate. He is also an experienced real estate investor himself and understands the importance of a real estate transaction whether it is a first home purchase or another investment.
Damon has been married to his wife, Julie for over 26 years. They have four wonderful children, Liam, Jace, Brok, and Hope. Both Damon and his wife graduated from Boise State University as D1. Athletes.
Resources and links mentioned in this episode
- Are you or your child struggling with mental health? We have a team of psychologists and psychiatrists who can help you out. You can learn more about our practice or contact us here.
- You can connect with Damon on his Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.
- You can learn more about Damon and his program on his website or give him a call on 7202311646.
- We’d love to hear your feedback on our podcast. Why not leave us a review on Apple Podcasts?
- Connect with us on Facebook or Instagram.
- We’ve got a bunch of episodes for you to binge-listen to! How about one of our most listened-to episodes on how we explain anxiety to kids and families?
Disclaimer: Please remember we are real live therapists, however this is a podcast and is not considered a therapy session. Not only because there is no co-pay but also because we can’t speak to your individual experiences. We are here to help you keep raising healthy kids. And remember, if you are an imperfect parent, we are right there with you. If you or someone you love is in immediate danger, please call your local crisis hotline or go to your nearest emergency room.