Anxiety is something everyone experiences at some point in their life. In our society, we hold on to the unhealthy idea that anxiety is bad – that it’s a disorder. But anxiety can actually be very helpful and it functions as an alarm system for all of us.
Click here to listen on Spotify!
Click here to listen on Apple Podcasts!
Click here to listen on Google Podcasts!
Click here to listen on Stitcher!
In this episode on how we explain anxiety to kids and families, we cover:
- The prevalence anxiety is (spoiler: everyone experiences it sometimes),
- The brain and body connection when it comes to anxiety,
- How sensitive and emphatic kids are more anxious,
- Evolutionary psychology,
- Our favorite ways to explain anxiety to kids and families,
- Our own experiences with anxiety,
- & more.
Resources and links mentioned in this episode
- Are you or your child struggling with mental health? We have a team of psychologists and psychiatrists who can help you out. Don’t hesitate to contact us here.
- We’d love to hear your feedback on our podcast. Why not leave us a review on Apple Podcasts?
- Connect with us on Facebook or Instagram.
- Can’t wait to hear more? You’re lucky because you can immediately binge-listen our Anxiety series. Start here with How to Deal with Anxiety – Part 1.
Disclaimer: Please remember we are real live therapists, however this is a podcast and is not considered a therapy session. Not only because there is no co-pay but also because we can’t speak to your individual experiences. We are here to help you keep raising healthy kids. And remember, if you are an imperfect parent, we are right there with you. If you or someone you love is in immediate danger, please call your local crisis hotline or go to your nearest emergency room.