Our family affects who we are and who we become, both for the better and for worse. We learn our vocabulary, our habits, our customs and rituals, and how to view and observe the world around us.
Common reasons for seeking family therapy include:
- Parent-child conflict
- Problems between siblings
- Domestic violence
- Unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member
Family therapy is necessary to address family issues and heal a family’s wounds and can be beneficial on many different levels.
Some positive family therapy outcomes are:
- Develop and maintain strategies for implementing boundaries
- Foster a sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promote problem solving through understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Build empathy and understanding
- Reduce family conflict
Studies show that family therapy is particularly important for families with members who struggle with substance abuse, eating disorders and other behavioral issues. When the whole family grows, each member is better off.
To learn more about how A&C Family Therapy can help pull your family back together, contact us today for a free consultation.